Thursday, December 18, 2008

FAMILY

When a stranger ask for help,
I will drop down everything,
And say, “Sure, how may I help you?”


When a friend ask for help,
I will say, “Sure, give me a second.”

When a kin ask for help,
I will grunt and say, “What? Can’t you do it yourself?”

We usually are polite to strangers,
Using common courtesy,

We took friends for granted,
But we never went overboard,

But how do we treat our loved ones?
Young and old,
We seem to abuse them.

We seldom realize,
How harshly we spoke to our family,
How tears that had filled their eyes,

By this time,
I felt very small,

How I wish I could muster enough courage,
To kneel down,
And apologize,
But every single time,
My pride gets in the way,
I don’t even utter a word of sorry,
And yet,
They love me anyway,
And I love them.

Do you know what the word FAMILY means?
FAMILY = (F)FATHER (A)AND (M)MOTHER (I) (L)LOVE (Y)YOU

0 comments: