Saturday, July 7, 2007

Orientation

Why do the seniors felt the need to make life hard for the juniors? Seniors, the sadists.

Well, some need to pray, I understand. Why do I have to wake up early in the morning even though I do not need to pray? That is bad enough. Why introduce a moral session? I don’t see anything morally about those sessions. And I just want to SLEEP…..

What is that small guy doing up there? Split us into groups and ask us to get to know each other while everyone just wanted to sleep? Everyone’s faces say it all. Leave us alone, all you shall die (exaggeration). Just let us sleep. Who in the right mind had the energy to socialize apart from some energetic fellow (Hey, will you all stop shouting, I am going deaf)

Talk after talk. Cheer after cheer. What is the purpose? To instill the so-called ‘semangat’ but you had to hurt your throat in the process? You are loud, so what? Wow. The small, polite guy (Donovan Lee) is possessed? Why he shouts and shakes like a madman? Too stressed out? For god’s sake, who invented cheers? STOP SHOUTING….

There is a session to teach us to fill out the forms. Can you read? Again and again, the poor senior had to repeat the correct way to fill up the form. Will those deaf students truly listen? It’s just a simple form and you all had to fill for 2 hours? It’s just the basic stuff (name, address, bla bla bla…)

Argh…. The documents. I admit I failed to prepare all documents (please read my previous post) but once the seniors ask those who don’t have all the needed documents, I pass the whole stack of documents. Though the senior’s eyes nearly popped out, she is great, she didn’t scold or scream (Sorry Cindy….. I guess I am hopeless) (By the way, who give me the wrong information that I pleaded my principal to sign all my activities certificate? She is going to kill me later on if she found out all is in vain.)Why do you need to pass up piece by a piece? Even after numerous failed urging by the seniors. Don’t you understand English or Malay? I want my SLEEP…..

PTPTN… Not again. I was reprimanded for sleeping, but I ain’t borrowing. You ask me to be fair, others want to sleep to. But they want to borrow but not me. Fair? I need to suffer the torture for nothing. What? You say I will influence others (who is borrowing) to sleep too? Let them sleep and don’t entertain their complaints. Let them take responsibility at their choice and action. I am selfish, I admit but what do you expect from an irritated teenager? I pity your situation but what can I do? I just wasn’t able to knock some sense to those incurable, deaf students.

For future juniors, please fill in the form and be well-prepared beforehand. Please do not piss your fellow batch mate off. A sleepy man is an angry man.

DTC…. What a grand place. Talk after talk, and I hear none of those. I slept the moment my butt hits the chair. Seniors had given up the quest to keep me awake. Hey, they sleep too. And will the camera man stop focusing on Fifth College? We want to sleep. The seniors are so considerate. A cap for all the juniors to cover our shut eyes.

Seniors’ signature. The worse activity. The main point is to create an opportunity for seniors and juniors to interact. You expect the 40 tired seniors to remember around 167 juniors? And how do you suppose the juniors to get to know the seniors when more than 20 angry faces (juniors that are waiting for their turn) are looking at you while you are trying to ask the seniors any single question? We just want to get our job done and will the unruly, desperate students stop PUSHING? Be civilized, be prepare to be punished (that is what they think I guess).

We are given fifteen minutes to bath and eat. To eat or to bath? To bath or to eat? Difficult choice. Since we had to wear the filthy clothes for the whole week, who cares. Eat....

Though I do complain a lot, it is an interesting experience. Kudos to the seniors....

0 comments: