Monday, July 9, 2007

Last Day of Orientation

Hooray, the last day of orientation. I could finally catch up on my sleep, wash my super duper filthy clothes and this is the end of mind-numbing talks.

Yahoooo…. No more moral sessions. But, why do the seniors keep on grinning? I don’t like that feeling. We are asked to wear dark clothes. I knew they weren’t so kind.

What? Soak in the gigantic tank, fully filled with filthy (who knows what they put – the colour of the water looks horrible), cold (added with tons of ice), smelly water? And we aren’t allowed to take off our shoes? YUCKS….. Thank goodness I am the second person to go in. It’s COLD and SMELLY. What have you done to the water, my dearest seniors? Can I just throw away my clothes, socks and shoes? But I am broke. Argh…

Station games in the field, the last torture? Aren’t we dirty enough? We had to crawl at the puddle of mud, being socked with fresh water (thank goodness) and we get to ‘mask’ our face (how come the flour’s colour looks different?) The seniors finally put on their smiling face and fool around with us. Hey, they weren’t scary at all… Time for revenge. We chase after the seniors to ‘mask’ them and wet them up. Gosh… That was fun.

After bathing, everyone had to move into their new room (Seniors failed to mention that our orientation room is temporary – thank goodness I haven’t unpack). My new roommates, Cheryl Khoo Hui Wern, Hoi Sei Fong and Tan Hui Yun. Biohealth students. Who are they, I wonder. Not my coursemate. Did I see them before? Thank goodness I am too tired to think much.

When I first enter my room, two beds are made. Only the two upper bunk beds are available. What? They are letting a 70kg girl to sleep there? The girl in the lower bunk should buy some personal accident insurances, I joked to myself. By the way, where are my roommates? They can’t be far, they haven’t unpacked. Suddenly, a girl came in and starts up a conversation. (Sorry Cheryl, I am too tired to talk) I guess she felt like, gosh… I am going to live with someone that unfriendly for the whole year. What a luck.

Both of us silently unpack (She give up – I am too scary). After that, she went back (her parents are waiting downstairs – the advantage to be a local). Then, where are my other two roommates? I wait and wait and wait. The clock struck ten and my eyelids can’t take the torture much longer. I slept.

Ping... Ping… Pang… Pang…. My roommates are preparing to go to class. I am just too tired to look up. ZZZZ…. My alarm beeps at 9 (my class at 10). By then, my roommates are long gone and I still haven’t got to see what my other two roommates looks like.

During lecture, I got to know some of my course mates. Life in university wasn’t that hard after all, I thought. My classes are over but my roommates had yet to come back. It’s ten again, I am sleepy and I still don’t get to see my other two roommates. ZZZ….

They must be wondering who am I. Zzz….

0 comments: